I have previously been doing the 52 Lists, but somehow it wasn’t inspiring me. I liked the fact that you could share more of yourself to the reader, but I wasn’t connecting with the challenge for some reason.
This week however I came across the 10 Day You Challenge on Natty Nikki's blog. Neither of us know where the challenge originated and if you know, please tell me and I will credit appropriately.
Anyhow! Day one of the challenge is ten secrets. I try not to keep secrets if at all possible as it always leads to trouble, but here are 10 facts about me, some you may know, some you won’t.
- I always care more than I will ever admit about people, issues and things close to my heart. Admitting that you care isn’t weak. Sometimes not admitting it is what gets you burned.
- Stairs scare me. I get dizzy and constantly feel like I will fall.
- I once was driven in one of the Delorean cars from Back to the Future. It kick started my love of fast cars, even though it was particularly fast looking back!
- I am a huge fan of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer series and could sing (badly) along to every word of “Once More with Feeling”.
- I bit my nails until about two months ago.
- I will never let someone treat me less than I deserve to be treated again. I am worth more than a standby, or a secret behind closed doors.
- I have eight tattoos, and am pining after number nine.
- A little piece of my heart belongs to the Mary Jane style of shoes.
- Another piece of my heart belongs to Formula One. My spirits raise and my heart beats a little faster when I hear the “dum da da dum dadadadada dum” of The Chain.
- If you are a tall man, you are already high in the positives on the “Vicky would like” list.