So I saw this today about women preventing rape and my brain exploded with rage. I am so sick of women being blamed for their rapes, not being believed, treated abominably in Court by defence barristers and most of all, the rules that we are apparently supposed to follow in order to avoid being raped.
The thing is, these rules seem to change by the day and completely contradict each other. Examples:
- Wear nail polish and stick our fingers in drinks to make sure we don't get spiked.
- Wear chastity belts, oh no sorry they are calling them anti rape underwear.
- Don't wear "provocative clothing". Leave something to the imagination they tell us. What do you think we have hiding under our clothes, the bridge to Terabithia?
- Don't wear headphones in public.
- Walk in pairs (if you don't have a friend handy, grab the hand of the nearest woman)
- Don't get drunk, even in your own home.
- Talk back to the fella following you on the street. Poor fella just wants a date, why are you being so rude?
- Say thanks when a man catcalls you. He probably spent at least a second thinking up such an original compliment as "Hey sugar tits". Be grateful!
- Don't walk down the street with your keys in your fingers. Don't you trust us? Not all men!
- Do have a relationship with a guy friend because he fancies you. He put kindness coins in after all! He's a nice guy, you're not allowed a type!
|No sweetie, he isn't dangerous, he is wearing face fashion!
Most importantly, do not under any circumstrances suggest that rapists are the ones responsible for rape because you will then drown in a sea of "not all men"! This also completely ignores that men get raped too.
Have I got it all? Because I am sick of women being blamed for crimes committed against them.